Saturday, November 8, 2008

MY DIARY SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER 2008

BEGINNING OF LIFE AT ISS IN HOLLAND

SEPTEMBER 2008
1st: First Day to ISS. Moni Zans gave me a cycle and showed me the way to ISS from Vooberg. Going Back I had to find my way. Settling Financial Matters at ISS.
2nd: Common Session of Information
3rd: Sitting with the Specialization
4th: Making option for basic courses
5th: Inauguration of year. Welcome Party. Same evening Biju came and took me to Don Bosco Rijswik at 9.pm
6th: I had Dutch Classes by Henny, Camillo and Cecelia were there as Volunteers from Italy
7th: Sara arrived from Germany later Lukas too.
8th: Language Test at ISS.
9th: All the Students were taken to Amsterdam for a Picnic.
10th: The CYS batch went to Rotterdam for field visit. HIP HOP HUIS, AND VICTORY CHURCH CHILDREN AND YOUTH BAND GROUPS.
14 th: I celebrated the first Sunday Mass at the Residence. Henny took me to Leidam warm clothes for me. Had little sightseeing of the town.
15th: Visit to the Bank from the ISS.
18th: Got Monthly Card to travel by tram to the Insitute......REGULAR CLASSES ......
OCTOBER 2008
.....REGULAR CLASSES....
04th Went cycling the whole day with Camilo and Silvia to the Windmills and to the city. Good day.
05th: Community Meeting.
09th: Residence permit Medical Check up. TB Test and Registration in the Community Hall for the Registration Card. Henny took me to the Rijswik Community Hall. I Got it in 5 minutes...great surprise unlike India.
11th: Bought Camera with Biju. Went to Watch the KALAI KAVERI DANCE PERFORMANCE. The girl from Tharangampadi was one of the group member who invited me. It good programme. Met many Tamils from SriLanka. Met fr.Sebastian MSFS from Tamil Nadu and Mr.Francis from Srilanka. It was long and tedious journey due a train accident.
12th. Went for mass to Schiedam to an Irish group in English
13th Birth day of Leo.
17 th: A class on Internet banking.
19th: Mass at Schiedam. Birth Day celebration for Henny.
22nd: Group Exam in Economics.
A week of Study Recess before Exams and Exams.
24th: wrote a paper on Poverty and Human Rights
30th: Advance Sociology Exam
31st: Modern Economics Thoughts Exam

No comments: