Saturday, November 8, 2008

MY DIARY JUNE TO AUGUST 2008

DIARY FROM JUNE 2008

JUNE 2008
01 : I travelled from Nagercoil from Eglantine akka family to Madurai by train reached at 12.30 pm Madurai Regi akka home Where I met Elzakka to get her recommendation letter to apply for my MA in Holland in Development Studies. On the way mr.Bala met me in the train at Tirunellveli and gave me lots of sweets and Nellai Halva. I gave him a little gift to help his family. After i met all in the family in Madurai i started off to Tanjore in the evening.
04: I met all the staffs of DBT at Tiruchi at the funeral of Thambu`s brother. It was a happy meeting after a week.
I stayed in DB Tanjore. This week i brought my luggage to Tiruchy PH. I stayed there for a week and got ready my application.
22: There was a month`s mind mass organized in the village for Periappa Fr.Pancras in the little church built in Olaikuda for which he had given land and i raised fund for it through his audio cassette about a lakh. This was the first mass that i had in that church. The whole village was there. The parish priest and the village took responsibility to organise it. The Parish priest was babtised by my Periappa as a parish priest.
The function was also attended by 25 staffs from DBT. They had come by a vehicle and stayed there for two days. It was a joyful living in experience. I returned with them till Tanjore on my way for my retreat to Sirumalai.
23-28 I made my Annual spiritual retreat at sirumalai preached by Fr.Marcel Lincoln. I celebrated a mass and preached sermon on Silence. I did not meet the Provincial.
30 th: I applied for the MA in ISS in the Netherlands. Adaikala raja helped me a lot with his computer. Fr.Theo and Adaikalam and Elzakka wrote the three reference letters for me and sent which was a requirement.
JULY 2008
I was lingering between Tanjore and Tiruchy. I was asked to stay in PH but i did not like it. I used to often go to Tanjore and stay there with Theo and Adaikalam.
6th: I attended the marriage of kala in Salem at Attayampatti, the daughter of Adivaram cook Lakshmi. Same afternoon I attended the first communion dinner of Jancy(Xavier wife) her sister son. I met Kavitha, Uma and family who had lost recently her brother in accident in Coimbatore.
7th: I received the last honorarium from Observation Home for being the member of Childwelfare Committee for the past three years. I also visited the Boys Home of Nayagam and encouraged him with a gift.
8th: I went on bike to Yercaud. Visited sr.Maggie of Charles at Yercaud. Went to the Retreat and returned to Adivaram and met Raja who was in Tharangampadi.
9th: Returned to Tiruchy. Then left for Thanjavur.
10 th: I had a mail from ISS that I was accepted. Immediately Adaikalam hosted a celebration at Madhakottai for which Theo and Benji came and joined. I felt great.
16th: I had another mail from Holland that my fees is paid by the Delegate fr.Hermon Spronck. This time Theo hosted a celebration at Don Bosco. I felt that all were rejoicing at my little success in trying to get out to study. Theo said “enjoy your stay and study for two years only and get back.”
19th: I went to the Shrine of Our Lady of Vellankanni to thank our Lady. All the Staff promised to come to Vellankanni too to meet. Unfortunately on Saturday only Sankari, her brother, and Amul Jothi came and we stayed in a room. All the others came the next day. It was a happy day at Vellankanni. They put money and cooked fish and chicken. It was a really a happy day. It was the last meeting with the staffs. I left for Tanjore in the evening.
23rd: Along with Antony Joseph my birth day too was celebrated in the Provincial House. Idid not like it. Maran organized it creatively.
24th: Along with the feast of Theo my birth day was celebrated at Tanjore. It was great.
26 th: My self and Theo attended the Ordination of Arul kumar at Madurai Lourdu shrine. He studied in Italy. That I night i left for Home.
27th: It was my 40th Birth day. My brother and his wife planned to celebrate it. They had the ear Piercing and my Birth day together. It was a great fine celebration i ever had at home. They gave me a pair of pants and shirt. Ajaramma gave me Titan Watch. It was very good one. I liked it very much though i told them it was a costly gift they need not have done. I stayed at home for another two days. Sr.Eglanakka was also there for two days. As a gift to my parents we installed a water pump to pull the water from the gate to home. So far my mother had to carry it or my father had to sit down and collect water from the tap that was placed below the ground. That was done a year back when Jeni had come home. The work was done by Raj mercy husband and my father then.
28th : Appa, Eglanka, Amos and myself went to St.James shrine at Thangachimadam in William`s Auto. Appa was very happy. On the way back we met Felcia at home....she had lost her first son Roj a month back. She was sad because i did not visit her immediately. I spent more than an hour.
29th : Eglanka left in the evening. I was just at home.
30th : I went to Santhia home to wish for the celebration for her daughter. She had put my name and invited me. I met Periamma and Poobaathi and promised some help to them. I told mercy to take care of them regularly. Met Joseph at his office and shared some ideas to develop his work. I had to sign a few things since i was leaving the country. I was one of the Trustees.
31st: I took leave of my parents and others since I was going to study abroad. I left home in the morning. Fr.Theo picked me up from Ramanathapuram to Tanjore. From Tanjore we left for Coimbatore. We were four including Adaikalam, and Benji to meet sr.Vimala who gets special graces and vision at Palakad. We stayed for the night at Benji`s house at Coimbatore.

AUGUST 2008
1ST : We had a good breakfast. Then we left for Palakad for a spiritual experience. We arrived at the house of Vimala and prayed for an hour with others. At one moment she received holy communion and she went in to ecstacy. I witnessed it and was amazed. It struck me very much. Later we returned and I went to Elizabeth house to visit them and I rested till next afternoon.
2nd: Today went to Tiruppur to met Paulraj and Rosy. Arokiaraj and George family were not there. I stayed in Pauli`s house for the night.
3rd: The next day left for Thanjavur to join the Eucharist procession at Madhakottai and also listened to the charismatic prayer session of Sittrarasu for the first time.
I was lingering up and down to Tiruchi and Tanjore waiting eagerly for my visa.
7th: I went to Chennai to renew my licence. Murthi arranged for it.
8th: Went for Licence after mass in the boys shelter of Anbu Illam with Alphonse.Met Emmerence with his brother and did some marketing. She bought me T shirts had snacks together.
9th: In the family of Elzakka for Lunch bought fish and other marketing. Had Mass in the evening with the family. Stayed for the night.
10th: Reached back Tiruchy in the evening.
12th: Don Bosco Tanjore.
15,16,17 Vimalaka and Elzaka were with their groups in Tanjore for VIDES meeting. I met them on after Assumption mass with Theo in Auxilium. Joined in the evening for Inauguration.
16 A meeting in PH for Salesians. Bought a mobile for Elzaka as mine for her to check mail.
17th: Joined the concluding function at Auxilium and had dinner with Elzaka and send her off. I was very happy to meet them all. Those girls for whom i had taken a session in the college. Casimir with his family came from Velankanni and had lunch in the Don Bosco.
18th My self and Casimir went to PH. They gave me farewell at the Provincial House. And felicitation for Arul kumar.
19th Antuan and family with Geetha came to see me at Tiruchy.
20th Flew to Bombay to get my Visa.
21st Got my Visa.
24th Jeeva and family come to see me in Mathakottai. I celebrated my last Sunday mass at DonBosco. Benji wished and prayed for me in the mass. I met few youth from Tarangampadi who had come for a meeting there. Don Bosco gave me farewell party in the evening.
25th Left Don Bosco in the morning. Felt Bad. This was my community after Salem.
26th Adaikalam was with me to do some marketing.
27th Amos was with me for marketing and arranging. In evening Soosai, Amalraj, Jose, Johnpeter were all with me to see me off. Eglanka also was came to see me off. We had a little dinner in the evening. And Amos took my luggage to home by train. Got my Laptop and Adaikalam came to install it.
28th After mass Adaikalam, br.Das came with me to Chennai. Benji and Theo were also there. They had arranged a dinner at St.Bedes. It was great. Elzakka was there. Casi was also there. They brought to me to the Airport and saw me off. The flight was delayed by 5 hours. And so i waited till 5.30 am at Madras air port talking over to all on the mobile. Flew by Air France. I did not like the flight.
29 th Reached at 2.30 pm at Paris. Then reached at 4.pm at Schipol Airport at Amsterdam. Got a simcard and called Biju to come and pick me up. Reached Rijswik by 5.30pm. Rested a while. Fr.Hermon Spronck the Delegate took me to Soest the delegate house at 8.30pm.
30th: Fr.Liberon Hermon took me to ISS and got myself Registered. He took me out to show the Town. Rested.
31st: I went with Fr.Hermon Liberon for a Sunday mass to nearby College Chapel. In the evening Moni Zans took me to Voorberg from where I ll attend the classes for a few days.

No comments: