Saturday, September 27, 2008

MY BON VOYAGE

My Bon Voyage....
I was a bit confident this time when I left for the Netherlands because it was my second time. The moment I heard that the flight from Chennai was delayed by four hours and again at Paris by two hours i knew that i had to make own my way to the place i had to reach. At the Air port they told me it is difficult to get to the next boarding place since the air port is big and English is not the common language. I was tired waiting for the flight till 5.30 in the morning. It was a long flight from Chennai to Paris about eight hours and it was very difficult to sit or sleep. I was impatiently waiting for the flight to land. After landing following the handout that they gave me in the flight about the Paris air port and just by following the guidelines i did reach easy and fast to the point of departure. At the immigration the man took a long time and was with a long and grin face. He examined my pass port and the visa for a long time and finally allowed me to go. But he never spoke and i either. The flight took about one and half hour and I was down at the Schiphol Air port in Amsterdam. I doubted if my luggage reached because we were delayed so long. I was anxiously looking for it belt after belt in search of my luggage. Finally I was happy to see mine, a fantastic typical colour in blue. I picked it up and walked out with my trolly longing to see some placard with Don Bosco and I walked up and eagerly looking for someone who would walk up to me and say Don Bosco. To my disappointment there was none.
I picked up courage and walked up to the nearby mobile shop and sought help to make a call. He sold me a sim card for 25 Euro, with which I called India if they had informed. They said yes and told me call back. Then I said I ,ll myself. I did call and i was happy that they picked it up for the first time. Generally they say to leave a message. I said that I had reached and asked if anyone is here for me. The voice from other end said that they are on the way to the Air port. I was happy and I thanked God ...for two things...one for the English voice that replied over the phone the other that they picked up the phone. Then I heaved a sigh of relief....
The Lord will guide your steps....

No comments: